donutszenmom

Friday, December 02, 2005

Karen Spacey

Whoa, I don't think I slept well last night. While I don't usually feel the effects of new and full moons, the dog seems to. She really enjoys long walks in the back yard in the wee hours when the moon is full or new. So I was up with her last night at 3AM as she strolled around.

This morning, I headed off to Volleyball Guy's, figuring I'd stop by the bank on the way for cash. A few minutes later, I am standing outside my car at the gas station, filling up the tank. Huh, wait a minute...what am I doing here? I meant to go to the bank. Which is right next door, so not inconvenient, but I do worry about myself when I'm spacey like that. So I finish up at the gas station and go to the bank. Then on to Volleyball Guy's place. As I'm pulling onto his street, I have that weird I wonder if I'm dreaming this and gonna wake up in a minute feeling. I pretty much don't remember the ride to V Guy's at all. Think back. Yup, I had coffee. Maybe there really is something to this phases of the moon business.

Practice was pretty much a struggle to focus. The spacey feeling never really went away. I decided it was fine, that I could have a practice that was about just getting myself through practice--provided I finally remember the sequence after dandasana. It's been three practices in a row of going from dandasana to ardha baddha padma paschimottanasana. If I can't finally get it this morning, I'm going to just have to declare myself a loser. With that as my one goal for the morning, I actually managed to accomplish something. Only other notable thing was how crappy my knee feels. It felt bad enough in ardha baddha padmottanasana that I skipped the lotus on that side for the rest of my practice.

As I was leaving, Volleyball Guy asked me when he'd see me tomorrow. I told him I'm shooting for Mysore at 5:30AM. Otherwise he'll see me at 10 at led. Wish me luck--I'd really like to start doing Saturday Mysore. Better not get all excited about staying up late (10:30! 11!) tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home