donutszenmom

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Holiday home practice

If it's Thursday, it must be home practice. And I sure needed it, with the escalating emotional chaos at work. Nothing bad is happening, but it seems like everyone is exhausted and swamped with work and overwhelmed by the holiday season. I'm just looking forward to the end of the work day, because then I have four days off.

So practice this morning was a respite from the frantic. All about breath today, and a little bit about bandhas. One thing I noticed: in the suryas, my inhale out of down dog is pretty lousy. Something to work on. But the rest of practice was patient and focused (therefore, pleasant).

Even as I rolled over to turn off the alarm clock this morning, I could feel my hip flexors. Not feeling injured, but making their presence known. I imagine this is from the ustrasana/dhanurasana combo I'm doing in lieu of urdhva dhanurasana. And possibly because Volleyball Guy had me do 5 sirsasana Bs yesterday morning. He's so whimsical ;-)

Tonight The Cop is working late, and My Gift From The Universe is taking her boyfriend, The Frenchman, out to dinner. This is her Christmas present to him. She has saved up $150 worth of her hard-earned cash to take him to a fancy fondue (just me, or does fondue seem so 1970s?) restaurant here in town. As she told me, "The best gift for The Frenchman is the gift of cheese." I love that she prefers the gift of an experience to the gift of an object. And that he does, too.

So I'll have a very rare night on my own this evening. What will I do? I told The Cop and My Gift that I would lie pathetically on the couch all evening and eat any lint that I find between the pillows for dinner ;-) Really, though, I think I will just read in the bathtub. As a little Christmas present to myself.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lees Lamar said...

The best gift for The Frenchman is cheese, very funny...
Your daughter sounds lovely.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Hi Sammy, Sirsasana B is when you lower your legs halfway in headstand--also called urdhva dandasana. I have a link on the name of the pose in my entry--so you should be able to click and see it.

Thanks, Susan. Yup, she's a lovely person...and very humorous.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

:-) You, too!!

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home