donutszenmom

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Happy

Is there anything cooler than a Moon Day? I think not. That two extra hours of sleep really makes me happy. I actually feel awake this morning. I wonder if Guruji has anything to say about sleep--whether 8 hours is optimal, whether an attachment to sleep might be a problem, etc. I know I've read that the Dalai Lama sleeps very little. How does someone get into the swing of that, I wonder? I had a professor in grad school who could never sleep more than 4 or 5 hours a night. He thought it was something of a curse, to so often be awake when everyone around him was asleep. I thought it was pretty cool, though. Think of all the extra things you could get done. And I remember his home, which was always incredibly clean. I guess at a certain point, all that's left to do in the middle of the night is dust every surface in your house.

3 Comments:

Blogger Soapwalla Chef said...

i think i read somewhere that guruji and sharath advise 6 hours of sleep a night. but since i'm an 8-hour-a-night girl, i tend to "forget" that little rule...

:-D

11:31 AM  
Blogger Tiff said...

Yeah 6 hours if you want a cranky Tiffany...Ideally, I need 8, but I heard that as you get older you need less sleep. I'm bummed it's a moonday by the way.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I'm older, so when is this need for less sleep going to happen?! I don't feel cranky with less sleep, just kind of stupid. Like my brain isn't quite turned up all the way. Luckily I do the important stuff (practice) before the less important stuff (work) ;-)

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home