donutszenmom

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday to me. Last night My Gift from the Universe and The Cop and I went out for great Mexican food and spent some excellent quality time together. This morning, both presented me with sweet cards.

Then some email chatting with The Best Friend (She lives in CA. Doesn't technology rock that I can have a best friend in another state?) and a phone call from my parents.

I'm a lucky person.

The Human Route

Coming empty-handed, going empty-handed -- that is human.
When you are born, where do you come from?
When you die, where do you go?
Life is like a floating cloud which appears.
Death is like a floating cloud which disappears.
The floating cloud itself originally does not exist.
Life and death, coming and going, are also like that.
But there is one thing which always remains clear.
It is pure and clear, not depending on life and death.

Then what is the one pure and clear thing?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that I really enjoy reading your blog... and you sound so normal and balanced and kind! Happy birthday and may life offer you more gifts.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Soapwalla Chef said...

happy birthday!!!!

3:42 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Thanks! It's been a lovely day.

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Bday!

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home