donutszenmom

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Just don't know

Was it wise to lift my heels off the floor in kurmasana yesterday? Dunno.

Home practice is sweet because you can hear your breath so clearly. A little less sweet because you can hear your resistances so clearly. So it turns into an oblique argument between the breath and the resistances. All of which seem to call into question one's ability to mediate. The argument just begs for the ego to take sides. I get caught up in it (this feels good, this feels bad, I wonder if this is making my hamstring better, I wonder if this is making my hip worse), try to figure it out, recognize I'm fluttering around in my brain, put it down. Over and over and over. Sigh. Busy practice.

In about a month, it'll be one year of Ashtanga practice. As I lay on my mat, I made a little pact with myself: I will review next month, at the one year mark. Then I will do an annual review a year later. In the meantime, I'm going to just try to keep putting any discursive thought, any discriminating thought, down.

My mind is very pushy. It can't believe my body knows what it's doing. A very unruly team ;-)

Speaking of teams, we have our quarterly planning meeting today at work. Will it be sweet or will it hurt? Just don't know.
A monk asked National Teacher Chu of Nanyo, "What is the original body of the Cosmic Buddha?" The National Teacher replied, "Go and fetch me the washbasin." The monk brought the washbasin to him. The National Teacher said, "Now, go put it back." The monk asked again, "What is the original body of the Cosmic Buddha?" The National Teacher remarked, "The old Buddha is long gone."

1 Comments:

Blogger Lees Lamar said...

I am so there during home practice!
Noisy, noisy.......

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home