donutszenmom

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

2 extra hours!

I got up at 6:30 this morning and it totally rocked. The Cop shared the same pot of coffee as me, which is almost unheard of. My 4:30 coffee is generally a lonely affair ;-)

I sat on the couch and said, "Waking up at 6:30 is very different from waking up at 4:30." He looked at me with a compassionate expression that seemed to indicate "Duh!" Anyhow, after my oblique little blog-discussion-via-comments with Jody yesterday, I realized that it might be wise to see if less than 6 days a week of practice makes me more attuned to normal human life.

The Cop seems to vote yes. I appreciate his willingness to let me explore these ideas on my own. Honestly, if I told him I wanted to practice three times a day, seven days a week, I think he would express concern for my health, but then buckle down and help me do it, if I were bound and determined. I love him for that. I fear for my general well-being (shouldn't someone try to stop me?!?!) but I love his willingness to be supportive.

So with an excess of energy, I went to work. Lunch was a pizza bribe to the guys in IT so that my team could sit down with them and discuss technology in general, and podcasts in specific. I think some podcasts on our website (we're an educational organization) are a great idea. And since I brought the pizzas, how could they be upset when I mentioned that I might have downloaded an open source code audio editor on one of our workstations so we could do some experimenting with audio files?

Anyhow, lunch was lots of fun and I learned that though they have the capacity to spy on us (and rat me out for occasional blog entries during working hours ;-) they don't. This is refreshing to hear: the last company I worked for was a network analysis company with a bad attitude and a penchant for spying on everyone.

The day off worked out marvelously. I am eager to get to practice tomorrow morning, and not nearly as wiped out as I generally feel at 4 in the afternoon. I'm not even sporting my late afternoon headache. I have no idea how this experiment with my schedule is going to work out, but the current plan is to do Monday/Wednesday/Friday Mysore, and Tuesday/Thursday evening led. The heck with Saturday led: it's too hot and it knocks me out for the whole day. We'll try the new 5 day a week schedule for a bit and see what happens. No matter what, it's always fun to try something new.

3 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

4:30 is a scary number!

7:23 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

You know, it really does just become a habit. But so does being exhausted all the time!

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

4:30? Ouch! XD

2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home