donutszenmom

Monday, November 07, 2005

Marichy B

What is it about Marichy B? I just love it. No idea why, but through thick and thin, pain and pleasure, I always am so happy in Marichy B. Somehow, it feels so safe and secure. Almost fetal, I guess.

This morning, Volleyball Guy gave me the best adjustment. Usually he lets me bind, then puts pressure on my back to increase the forward bend. This morning, though, he got up behind me and wrapped his arms around me and smooshed me into a little ball. Less like pushing down into the forward bend, and more like squeezing my legs to my trunk. Making the whole pose more compact. Suddenly I understood how people can bind and still have a lot of space between their wrists and their back.

So a good practice this morning, despite the ongoing toe problem. Yes, I'm a dork and did this to myself. But the toenail that is most painful is one that I blackened repeatedly back in the days when I ran alot. So it's got issues, beyond my zealous pedicuring. All sun salutations were done with little hops instead of rolls over the feet. Jazzy, eh? If Volleyball Guy noticed, he didn't say anything. Maybe he thought I was expressing some inner creativity. Maybe at 5:30 AM, he doesn't want to ask what the hell I think I'm doing ;-)

Next Sunday he's doing an adjustment workshop, which I'm looking forward to. Adjustments are fascinating to me. They are such powerful teaching tools. Really a subtle art, I think.

2 Comments:

Blogger Boodiba said...

I love Marchy B too. Actually all of em. I get a nice chiropractic "craaaack" going to the right in Marchy D. Love it. When I practice @ home sometimes I hold them all for a minute each.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Tiff said...

Yeah Mari B...I don't know if I love that pose, I don't mind it to be honest...but I find I'm not in the center of my knee and foot and it's really annoying. My back isn't straight either...but I guess that, along with the release of my hamstrings will come with time...

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home