donutszenmom

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The upside

I am sick. Quite yucky--headache, fever, sore throat. Of course when I got into work yesterday (thinking I'd do a few things, then take off early) my boss asked me if I could get a proposal done for a major global project...by Friday! Ouch. So I ran around all day trying to put together a team, write a proposal, get the thing priced with Business Development...just crazy. It would be fun, actually, if I didn't feel so crappy.

So no practice today and can't go back until I'm better--I don't want to make everyone else sick. The upside is that it'll maybe give my knee some time to really heal. And I fell asleep at 8 last night and slept in until 7 AM. It really feels nice to sleep alot. I think that's the only flaw in my Ashtangi life--not nearly enough sleep.

I have meetings all day today, but it looks like the dog has a urinary tract infection--so I am going to try to get her to the vet between meetings. Poor thing. The Cop would bring her, but his job is not flexible at all.

It's weird, when work and life take precedence over practice--but that's the name of the game for at least another day or so. That's fine. Think of how great it's gonna be when I feel well again and can get back to it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home