donutszenmom

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

My Cop, My Mirror

Yogamum is tracking her progress on a novel (with a daily candy consumption count), and I track my progress on poses (minutely, I know--sorry!) and The Cop...well, Tuesday is practice day for The Cop, and though we could track his progress in Primary (which has been quite good), I think perhaps the thing that needs the most attention is his swearing. To that end: Motherf****er count: 2. That's not too bad, but still two too many for, say, a led class. The Mysorians might be amused, but who knows.

The curses were for utthita hasta padangusthasana and for trying to come up from bhujapidasana. Fair enough.

It is fascinating to practice with The Cop. In the end, we share the same character flaws ;-) For example, both of us are appalled to find we cannot do something pretty much as soon as we try it. Why in the world would I not be able to do every pose in Primary the first time I try it? And even if I can't get it the first time, surely I will be able to on the second try, when I apply my WILL. Luckily, we're both stubborn, too. So if something eludes us, we are perplexed, and possibly irritated (or enraged ;-) and then we go back over and over again until we figure it out.

We are greedy and impatient. Human, I guess.

I threw in the samakonasana/hanumansana West coast criminal add-on today, and found myself focused on my right hamstring for the rest of practice. Do the benefits of this add-on outweigh the extra stress to my hamstring? Not sure yet. I had a year of aching-hamstring-inserts practices, and I'm not going to lie: I love the current pain-free practices. On the other hand, I could stand to open up my hip flexors. Will just have to see how this goes, I guess.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wayne said...

I can't stop laughing thinking about practicing in a room with *everyone* swearing during poses they dislike!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I know, huh?! It'd certainly foster camaraderie! Me, I'd save my best ones for kurmasana!

1:24 PM  
Blogger Yogamum said...

My husband swears during practice too...not as much as he used to, though!

Too funny!

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home