donutszenmom

Friday, October 27, 2006

Remiss

Feel slightly remiss--decided to practice at home instead of heading over to Mysore practice. Not sure what the deal is, with all this self-practice.

Lately, though, self-practice has been very internal, very dreamy almost. A really interesting contrast of physical extension and psychic relaxation--almost a hypnagogic state. My breathing is much quieter at home.

This morning I thought a little, at the tail end of practice, about the idea of pushing energy OUT. I tend to bring it in, and kind of curl around it through my shoulder girdle and sacrum. In ubhaya padangusthasana I realized: there needs to be more external energy--balance and strength and a radiating energy. I tend to pull everything inward. Which is great for core strength, but needs to be balanced more by an opening OUT. Seems like the opening out is where the real joyousness of the pose resides.

Quickly... sinking... into... energy talk...
Must... knock it off ;-)

Okay, back to reality. Thank God it's Friday. Not much of a weekend, though. Off to Chicago on Sunday morning. For a four day class on managing new product design and development. Which starts on Sunday from 3-9 PM (egads!), then Monday and Tuesday 8:30 AM - 9 PM, and Wednesday 8:30 AM - 1 PM. I just got the pre-reading material yesterday: 150 pages of articles and a book. I'm looking forward to the program, but gee, I don't know if I can really stay awake in a classroom 'til 9 PM!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home