donutszenmom

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

On the one hand

Home practice this morning. So why am I blogging at 5:52 AM, instead of practicing? 'Cause after 5 Surya As and 5 Surya Bs, I had to accept that I have a good cold going on, and not enough energy to warm myself up properly for practice.

On the other hand, this is kind of a good thing. My Gift from the Universe has been feeling under the weather the past couple of days and came home from school early yesterday with swollen lymph nodes and dizziness. I was afraid she might be setting up for a lupus flare. But now I wonder if we don't just have viral infections. Which would definitely be preferable.

So here I am at 5:52, with laundry running and coffee brewing. Guess I'll get to work really early...

Tomorrow is Rolfing with the Philosophy Monk. I am loading up on Emergen-C, in hopes that I can head this illness off. Otherwise I'll have to call his office tomorrow and find out if he prefers me to postpone.

I used to be so compulsive about working out, back when I was a gym rat (and The Cop would laugh to hear me suggest I am less compulsive now). It is still quite hard for me to give up a day of practice, but at least it isn't so crushingly guilt-inducing. It's sweeter now, and more gracious, I guess--I don't feel compelled to practice so much as I simply miss it when I don't.

2 Comments:

Blogger Soapwalla Chef said...

i'll be sending healthy, non-flare thoughts your way!

:-)

6:18 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Thanks! I know you can relate.

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home