donutszenmom

Monday, December 12, 2005

Toxic

Quiet morning. Volleyball Guy, me, The Other Dave and Returning Guy. Apparently December is a quiet yoga month, but Volleyball Guy warned us that January will be chock full of people with New Year's resolutions. He said he'll add more days if things get too crowded.

The interesting thing about yoga is how sensitive it makes you to your physical status. My status today: toxic. Yup, I noticed that I was breathing out gas fumes. Yuck. Yesterday the Cop and I went four-wheeling. The tank of the rig is inside the Jeep, behind the passenger seat. And it leaks a little when you go over bumps. And there are lots of bumps. Hence the breathing of petroleum products.

So as it turns out, we ran out of the house with cups of coffee yesterday morning and when we got home we were exhausted and happy, and we had cheesecake for supper. Lovely day. Except this morning I realized all we'd consumed all day was gasoline and sugar. Not optimal for a good yoga practice the next day. Note to self.

Practice was good, aside from feeling poisoned. Both ardha baddhas were okay--not spectacular, but do-able. Janu A was fine. I had to fold my right leg under on Marichy B and D. And baddha padmasana is still not happening, which is so sad, because aside from the little balasana after sirsasana, that's the sweetest pose of the series.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Nope, not stuck at all! I am going to post another photo so you can get an idea of the way these Jeeps are built. You can drive over pretty much anything.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home