donutszenmom

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Work

Work is giving me a headache. Well, a series of headaches. One each day. I don't feel terribly freaked out, but there is always another detail to remember, another task to add to the list, etc. Everyone here at work is kind of cranky, too, this week. Though, interestingly, they all are recognizing and acknowledging their crankiness. Which is quite a good thing, I think.

Practice this morning was satisfying. I turned the space heater on while I finished my coffee, so the room would be nice and toasty. I was happy from the moment I started until the moment I finished. Well, maybe not so happy for a few minutes there in garbha pindasana--I only got one arm through, because my left calf refused to cooperate and threatened to cramp as soon as I tried to get my hand through. It occurred to me, as I drove to work, that I might try flexing my calves a bit, in order to offer a little resistance, and perhaps avoid the wicked pain. LOL! Wicked. I reverted to my Boston roots for a moment there.

This morning, I taught My Gift to help me in marichy D. And she gave me the usual adjustment in supta k. I have no idea how all of this happened, but I am really enjoying kurmasana and supta k. In supta k, I always hear Volleyball Guy saying, "Keep your eyes open." He reminds us all the time in led primary. I guess some people find it claustrophobic, which for some reason seems really funny to me. I can understand feeling claustrophobic inside your own body. But supta k is more like you are giving yourself a hug. Well, a twisted kind of hug, but nevertheless.

I don't know if I will go to Mysore tomorrow, and I'm not really sure why. I would imagine I'd be dying to go, but I've been liking my morning routine of getting up a little bit later, having coffee, and then practicing at home. I think I like practicing around My Gift and The Cop. I wonder if I'm slacking? Volleyball Guy makes me do handstands after utkatasana, and I've been liking doing bakasana instead. It's hard to tell if I am relaxing my attachment to the Mysore routine or just forming different attachments to home practice. Blah blah blah. I could worry this eternally. I think I'll just do what I like and see what happens. Chances are I'll enjoy my strong attachment to my new house for a bit, then suddenly want some Mysore time. We'll just have to wait and see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home