donutszenmom

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Everlast

Decided to use some of my gym pants for practice today. How are yoga pants different from gym pants, anyhow? I had climbing pants before I had yoga pants, and they are interchangeable: I was introduced to Prana products as climbing gear, and then just transitioned them over for yoga use. So why don't people use Everlast pants in the shala? Fashion, perhaps.

Home practice today. Though there were more people present than at the shala yesterday. The Cop was in the livingroom, doing his morning coffee and web ritual. Usually he is out of here before I begin, but his shift is changing at work. I was in the yoga foyer (geez, it's going to be great to have a whole room for yoga!) feeling a teeny bit self-conscious. At least at first. There is something rather strange about practicing near someone who is sitting still. And complaining about the heat ;-) Yeah, I cranked it up good. Guess I need a space heater for the new house.

Practice was no frills: I decided to do the whole series but skip the extras and the transitions (samakonasana/hanumanasana and bakasana/eka pada bakasana). I was pretty tired: last night we went out to dinner for My Gift's 18th birthday, so again there was lots of eating and drinking late into the evening.

My collarbones are still killing me, and I am pleased, for the most part. I don't think I've had this intense a response to yoga ever. I have seriously tight shoulders--so I am hoping we are really getting somewhere with them. Vinyasas at first exacerbated the pain, then relieved it (as I heated up). Kurmasana stressed my shoulders again, and then it was another round of the pain during supta kurmasana. Enough that I am not even close to a hand bind. But that's okay. It's all working itself out.

The no frills practice zipped along at a really good pace. I think I finished up in about the same time as if I'd listened to Sharath's CD. It just felt nice to move and breathe. At one point I wondered if I was "just exercising," but there was a heavy bliss component and nice focus, so I think I'll just figure I had a good practice and leave it at that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home