donutszenmom

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Too much ezBoarding

Yes, I'm going to blame the ezBoard. It turns my head. And thus, today's seriously crim practice.

It came from out of the blue. I did the usual trip through Primary, which was quite lovely, except for a sense of tension in my hip flexors and lower back. Like there was a build up of energy--kind of like the feeling I get when I need to pop my knees or crack my knuckles. A restlessness. Didn't think too much of it, but as I finished up setu bandhasana, I just kept on going. What was I heading for? The shalabhasanas, dhanurasanas and ustrasana. Ahhh, relief! My hip flexors and lower back felt great! Knocked off at ustrasana and went on to urdhva dhanurasana. Then a little gomukhasana arms up against a doorway (to nudge the shoulders open a little more). More urdhva dhanurasanas. And then closing.

Sigh. Now there are feelings of guilt to process. Perhaps I will put the whole thing down (about good and bad and guilt and rebellion) and just go on and see how things go. See how I feel today. See what happens tomorrow at practice. Play it by ear. Be flexible. Not decide one way or another. This should be easy, shouldn't it?

Shouldn't it? ;-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Guilt? Why?

When I was still living in Montreal, and still practising with Darby, we almost always did exactly what you did in his level 3 classes: full primary, shalabhasanas, dhanurasanas and ustrasana. Oh, and sometimes bheksana. Then we'd go on to UDs.

I incorporate it into my practice a lot still. I heart it.

--A

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home